Terminal operators and paving contractors can also benefit from proven Elvaloy® RET asphalt modifier technology.
|Reactive Elastomeric Terpolymer (RET) ||Styrene Butadiene Styrene (SBS)|
- Lower storage, mixing, and compaction temperatures
- Less energy use in mix plant
- Less likely to have smoking issues
- Compaction can be obtained more quickly, getting traffic back on the mat sooner.
- Much less likely to cause fume complaints
- Fewer complaints from job site neighbors.
- Mat less likely to shove/move due to lower temperatures
- Paving crew will think Elvaloy® RET modified asphalt paves much like a neat asphalt.
- As mix cools, Elvaloy® RET solidifies to "lock in" paving performance.
- Higher storage, mixing, and compaction temperatures
- More energy use in the mix plant
- More likely to have environmental emissions (smoking) from the mix plant
- Longer compaction times, longer lane closure times. Harder to construct during ever increasing night/weekend paving windows.
- Complaints to authorities about fumes, from workers and the public
- More likely to have fumes at the paving train due to higher temperatures
- More likely to have shoving, moving, and tender mix issues
- Harder to pave with. Crews inexperienced with PMA can have serious paving issues.