In 2000, DuPont formed an independent panel to inform our planning, help us identify critical and emerging issues and to challenge us in the development, testing and commercialization of new products based on biotechnology. Nineteen leaders from around the world contributed to the panel, rotating off after a period of time in order to bring in new perspectives.
During its tenure, the DuPont Biotechnology Advisory Panel issued periodic reports.
2007 Biotechnology Advisory Panel Report
2005 Biotechnology Advisory Panel Report
2002 Biotechnology Advisory Panel Report
Biotech Advisory Panel Members
The panel member’s title and organization reflect the position they held during the time they served on the Advisory Panel.
- Dr. Arthur Caplan, Emanuel and Robert Hart Chair for Bioethics and Director, Center for Bioethics at the University of Pennsylvania, served on the Panel from February 2000 to October 2004.
- Dr. Andre Capron, held the position of Director of the Institut Pasteur de Lille in France, during his tenure on the Panel from February 2000 to December 2001.
- Dr. Marcelo Carvalho de Andrade, Founding Chairman of Pro-Natura in Brazil, served on the Panel from November 2004 to September 2013.
- Professor Chunming Chen, Founding President of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, China, served on the Panel from January 2002 to April 2006.
- Dr. Jason Clay, Ph.D., Vice President and Managing Director of Markets for the World Wildlife Fund – U.S., served on the Panel from April 2007 to September 2013.
- Dr. Pablo Eyzaguirre, Senior Scientist for anthropology and socio-economics in the Genetic Resources Science and Technology group of the International Plant Genetic Resources Institute (IPGRI) in Rome, served on the Panel from December 2002 to October 2005.
- Dr. Braulio Ferreira de Souza Dias held the position of Director of Biodiversity Conservation/Secretary of Biodiversity and Forests, Ministry of the Environment, Brazil, during his tenure on the Panel from August 2000 to December 2001.
- Father Kevin T. Fitzgerald, S.J., Ph.D., Research Associate Professor in the Department of Oncology at Georgetown University Medical Center and the Dr. David Lauler Chair in Catholic Health Care Ethics, served on the Panel from November 2003 to September 2013.
- Dr. Rebecca Goldburg, Ph.D., worked as a senior scientist with Environmental Defense Fund in New York during her tenure on the Panel from May 2008 to October 2008.
- Dr. Jiayang Li, Principal Investigator of the Institute of Genetics and Developmental Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China served on the Panel from April 2007 to November 2011.
- Mr. Jonathan Lash, President of the World Resources Institute, United States, served on the Panel from February 2000 to January 2004.
- Mr. Chebet Maikut, Vice President of the Eastern Africa Farmers Federation in Uganda, served on the Panel from October 2005 to September 2013.
- Dr. R.K. Pachauri held the position of Director-General Tata Energy Research Institute (TERI), India, during his tenure on the Panel from August 2000 to May 2007.
- Dr. Deepak Pental, Ph.D., Professor of Genetics and Vice Chancellor for the University of Delhi in India, served on the Panel from May 2008 to September 2013.
- Dr. V. Prakash, Director of the Central Food Technological Research Institute, India, served on the Panel from December 2002 to May 2008.
- Mrs. Tiahoga Ruge Scheffer held the position of Director General of the Center for Education and Training for Sustainable Development, Mexico, during her tenure on the Panel from February 2000 to July 2002.
- Dr. Sven Thormahlen, Ph.D., Vice President of Research and Development Organization of the Danone Group, served on the panel from March 2004 to September 2013.
- Ms. Carol Tucker-Foreman, Distinguished Fellow and Director of the Consumer Federation of America’s Food Policy Institute, United States, served on the Panel from December 2002 to April 2006.
- Dr. Florence Wambugu, Founder and Director of Africa Harvest Biotech Foundation International (AHBFI) and Gates Foundation Board Member, served on the Panel from August 2000 to October 2004.