DryFilms DryFilms are based on the DuPont fluoropolymer technology, exhibiting several important characteristics imparted by the extremely low molecular weight of the PTFE fluorotelomers. After the product has been applied and the solvent dried off, DryFilm lubrication products are:
• Highly nonstick, with outstanding lubricity (low coefficient of friction)
• Thermally stable over wide range of temperatures
• Chemically inert
• Compatible with most materials
• Resistant to corrosive chemicals
• Clean, nonoily, and nonstaining
DryFilm RA dispersions
Superior mold-release agents for a range of industrial applications and substances such as:
• Manufacturing machine parts and fittings
• Manufacturing and finishing furniture and hardware for construction and home sales
• Lubricating leather, plastics, and elastomers for use in drive belts, gaskets, gears, bearings, and chain drives
• Metalworking operations
DryFilm RA products are clean, dry, nonoily, and nonstaining. In addition, DuPont™ DryFilm RA dispersions can function under a wide variety of environmental conditions, ranging from cryogenic temperatures to 260°C (500°F) or above.
These characteristics allow formulation of products that are stable, highly effective, and easy to use. The RA range of products meets most application needs.
DryFilm 2000 & LXE dispersions
Used as thickening agents for synthetic oils and other types of liquid lubrication products, as well as applied to the cutting edge of razors and other cutting tools, 2000 & LXE products, offer several advantages over other high molecular weight PTFE thickeners.
The unique size and shape of the particles produce greases that result in less wear, lower friction, and smaller temperature rises in use. The large surface area of particles improves their thickening efficiency and translates to superior long-term results with the addition of less thickener.
Thickening efficiency varies with the nature and viscosity of the base oil; the more closely the base oil duplicates the chemical nature of the fluorotelomer solids in 2000 & LXE products, the greater the thickening efficiency.