The information and links on this page will help guide you to detailed information on the variety of products DuPont offers for the air transportation segment.
Coatings, Paints & Finishes
DuPont offers innovative tools, technologies and services for aviation coatings and finishes, all backed by DuPont science.
- Alesta® Powder Coatings' product line consists of premium formulations manufactured to meet performance specifications on a consistent basis.
- DuPont Aviation Finishes offers a complete line of high-performance coatings for premium completion and refinishing of aircraft.
- Sontara® aerospace grade wipes feature performance advantages ideal for aerospace manufacturing and maintenance. Every wipe is clean right out of the box.
- Starblast™ excels at removing mill scale and rust from new steel and is highly effective in removing paints and coatings from most surfaces.
- Teflon® coatings ensure a finish with the ideal combination of properties to meet a variety of industrial and consumer needs.
- Ti-Pure® Titanium Dioxides meet the varied needs of the coatings industry.
- When added to paints & coatings Zonyl® offers improved wetting, levelling , anti-blocking , and the ability to reduce cratering.
DuPont provides high performance elastomers for use in innovative solutions to help customers stay ahead of the competition:
- Kalrez® for applications that need to withstand extreme temperatures and aggressive aerospace fluids.
- Viton® for high performance O-rings and seals.
Look to DuPont for a comprehensive range of engineering polymers and resources to help you meet needs for rugged, economical components and products:
Vespel® parts and shapes allows aircraft designer to reduce weight by either directly replacing heavier components made from aluminium or metallic alloys, or indirectly by reducing friction allowing for lower-weight actuators
Zenite® LCP liquid crystal polymer resin not only takes the heat, it also excels in all-around performance and molding productivity.
DuPont Electronic Technologies represents the industry’s broadest array of electronic products; a deep understanding of materials; science and process expertise:
DuPont™ Direct Bonding uses industry-leading adhesive technology and a cost-effective lamination process to optically bond an anti-reflective glass, plastic or touch sensor directly to the front of a flat panel display.
- Microcircuit Materials - DuPont Thick Film Materials provide reliability and long life for cockpit light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
Oasis® is a heat sealable, fluoropolymer coated polyimide material, designed specifically to meet the demands of the aerospace industry.
Pyralux® Flexible Circuit Materials provide reliable and lightweight electrical interconnects that can survive the rigors of air and space travel.
Fibers & Honeycombs
DuPont is continuously working to develop solutions such that offer the optimal strength-to-weight ratio:
- Kevlar® enables manufacturers to build aircraft that are lighter and more durable, resulting in increased fuel efficiency and lower operating and maintenance costs.
- Nomex® honeycomb has an unrivalled strength-to-weight ratio, which helps to provide vital cost-effective benefits like energy savings and payload increases in the aviation industry.
Fire Fighting Solutions
With over 30 years of leadership in the science of fire suppression, DuPont is committed to developing safe, reliable products that improve performance – and meet regulatory guidelines:
- Forafac® fluorinates surfactants are readily available around the world for use in the aviation industry for combating jet fuel fires.
- DuPont Fire Extinguishants offer a wide range of FE clean agent fire extinguishants that are safe for people, electrically nonconductive, non-corrosive and free of residue.
Products made with fluoropolymer resins have exceptional resistance to high temperatures, chemical reaction, corrosion and stress-cracking:
Krytox® performance lubricants have demonstrated the broad applicability to replace hundreds of purpose-formulated conventional oils and greases throughout the aerospace industry
Tedlar® films give airlines maximum design flexibility in creating passenger areas that are attractive, easy to clean, and scuff-resistant.
Vertrel® specialty fluids are a family of hydrofluorocarbon-based fluids with zero ozone depletion and low global warming potential. They are used for a wide variety of applications in the aerospace industry.
DuPont offers a range of products that enables customers to have their designs stand out from competitors:
- Corian® is a solid surface offering superior design possibilities and excellent long-term performance, with many uses across a wide range of sectors.
- SentryGlas® Expressions™ technology enables textures, company logos and images to be incorporated into a range of architectural glass applications such as safety messages
- Zonyl® protective finishes used on carpets, textiles, and other products provide superior stain- and soil- resistance, oil- and water- repellency, durable protection, and improved cleanability. Zonyl® protective finishes offer valuable time-saving and easy-cleaning benefits, and keep products looking newer, longer.
Glass Laminating Solutions
DuPont innovations in laminated safety glass are helping people everywhere live, work and travel more safely while enjoying increased use of glass in their environment:
Glass laminated with Butacite® polyvinyl butyral (PVB) can offer protection even after the glass is broken, because glass fragments adhere to the interlayer.
SentryGlas® Plus structural interlayer offers tougher windows systems
Spallshield® anti-spall composite prevents spalling, i.e. the shower of glass that occurs when conventional glass is penetrated from the opposite side
DuPont is leading the industry with Suva® refrigerants, the broadest range of environmentally friendly and effective alternatives for new and existing refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment.