High-Tech Fire Protection for High-Value Buildings Can Minimize Loss
DuPont Fire Extinguishants will exhibit its portfolio of clean agent fire extinguishants at Intersec Middle East – the Middle East's largest commercial security, police and homeland security, fire and rescue, and safety and health event – in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, January 13-15, 2008. Visitors to Intersec will find DuPont Fire Extinguishants at booth 5101F in the Fire & Rescue section.
The scale of new developments within the United Arab Emirates and other Gulf states, including Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain, has been extraordinary in recent years, with the value of real estate projects – from retail, health and sports facilities to luxury hotels and exclusive restaurants – totaling more than $1 trillion*. As investments in future construction projects, as well as overall property values, continue to trend upward in the region, many building owners and managers are relying on clean agent fire extinguishant technology as a best practice to minimize the costly effects of fire that can impact business operations and damage high-end commercial buildings.
"The Gulf region is home to some of the most luxurious and architecturally advanced buildings in the world, many of which have taken a significant amount of time and financial support to construct, so it makes sense that these investments should be protected with fast, clean, safe and highly effective fire extinguishant technology: clean agents," said Greg Rubin, global business manager, DuPont Fluorochemicals-Specialties. "The portfolio of DuPont™ FE clean agent fire extinguishants protect what matters most – people, assets and the environment – in a range of facilities, from data centers to hospitals to museums and historical sites. DuPont has been a global leader in fire protection for more than 35 years, and we’re pleased to showcase our offering here at Intersec Middle East."
DuPont™ FE clean agent fire extinguishants have a unique combination of properties that provide more effective protection for high-value assets, as well as the occupants, within these structures. Unlike water or other dry chemical suppression methods, clean agent extinguishants are non-conductive and non-corrosive, so they are safe to use around precious valuables and sensitive electronic systems. Additionally, they do not leave behind residue that may damage equipment, so they can help to minimize costly post-fire clean-up and significant business downtime. DuPont™ FE clean agent extinguishants are safe to use where people may be present. They also have zero ozone-depletion potential and are environmentally preferred to halons.
DuPont™ FE extinguishants can be used in new facilities and replace other clean agents in existing systems with minimal modifications. The portfolio includes:
- DuPont™ FE-36™ – the most suitable clean agent extinguishant option for use in portable fire extinguishers to protect high-value assets such as computer rooms, telecommunications facilities and process control rooms.
- DuPont™ FE-227™ – ideal for new applications and is recognized as the leading chemical agent replacement for halon. Designed to flood an enclosure, FE-227™ should be used where agents such as water, dry chemicals and carbon dioxide are unacceptable because they cause damage to electronic equipment or present a safety risk to people.
- DuPont™ FE-13™ – FE-13™ is safely and effectively used in normally occupied areas such as electrical control rooms, flammable liquid processing areas and mobile communication facilities.
- DuPont™ FE-25™ – ideal for new and retrofit applications and is often recommended for, but not limited to, protecting irreplaceable assets in museums, libraries and historical sites. In existing systems, FE-25™ replaces Halon 1301 with minimal modifications, making it the most cost effective fire extinguishant.
For more information about DuPont Fire Extinguishants, visit www.cleanagents.dupont.com.
DuPont is a science-based products and services company. Founded in 1802, DuPont puts science to work by creating sustainable solutions essential to a better, safer, healthier life for people everywhere. Operating in more than 70 countries, DuPont offers a wide range of innovative products and services for markets including agriculture and food; building and construction; communications; and transportation.
# # #
The DuPont Oval Logo, DuPont™ and The miracles of science, and FE-36™, FE-227™, FE-13™ and FE-25™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates.
* According to EstatesDubai.com