Emulsifiers ensure healthy, tasty and convenient food products with an attractive appearance. Indeed, a number of food products, many of them reduced fat, trans free or low calorie, are only possible because of the emulsifiers they contain.
Produced from natural raw materials such as vegetable oils and fats, emulsifiers reduce the surface tension between oil/water/air interfaces. This is of benefit, for example, in dressings to increase emulsion stability and in margarine to reduce spattering during frying. Emulsifiers can also act as crystal modifiers in liquid oil, destabilising agents in aerated emulsions, or as starch complexing lipids that counter staling in cereal-based foods.
Dupont Danisco emulsifiers are often tailor-made to satisfy specific customer needs, and most are available with a kosher or halal certificate. New emulsifiers are continuously developed to help customers differentiate their products and improve their production efficiency.
We have developed a broad range of emulsifiers to meet the diverse requirements of food manufacturers around the world, including
- Acetic acid esters (ACETEM)
- Citric acid esters (CITREM)
- Diacetyl tartaric acid esters (PANODAN)
- Distilled monoglycerides (DGMS)
- Emulsifier blends
- Lactic acid esters (LACTEM)
- Mono- and diglycerides (GMS)
- Polyglycerol esters (PGE) / Propylene glycol esters (PGMS)
- Polyglycerol polyricinoleates (PGPR)
- Sorbitan esters (SMS / STS)
- Stearoyl lactylates (SSL / CSL)