DuPont Removable Antimicrobial Coating (RAC)
DuPont has developed the Removable Antimicrobial Coating (RAC) technology to provide innovative ways to help the food processing industry prevent the spread of bacteria. Microbial contamination, especially of Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes, can be hard to fight, but RAC is ideal for use in preventing, controlling & eliminating the growth of microorganisms on surfaces. RAC is a water-based liquid formulation with film-forming characteristics and residual antimicrobial properties that can be completely removed with a water rinse.
- Effective against a wide range of bacteria and fungi, preventing the formation of biofilms over extended periods of time
- RAC kills pathogens underneath and those coming in contact on top
- Long-lasting antimicrobial treatment for coated surfaces and equipment
- Can be easily applied by spraying, dipping or painting which is ideal for coating hard-to-reach surfaces
- RAC allows easy removal of anything that settles on top when the coating is rinsed off
- More efficient use of antimicrobials: reduced water usage, time savings and labour cost reduction
DuPont™ Virkon® S
Virkon® S is a powerful broad spectrum veterinary disinfectant specifically developed for livestock production hygiene and emergency disease outbreak situations. In terms of efficacy Virkon® S has been proven highly effective against 65 strains of virus in over 19 viral families, 400 strains of bacteria and over 100 strains of fungi.
- Premier broad spectrum virucidal disinfectant
- Powerful oxidative chemistry effective against viral, bacterial, and fungal disease-causing organisms
- Highly versatile, for surface, equipment vehicle, foot dip, water delivery systems and aerial disinfection
- An exceptional safety profile towards humans and animals