DuPont™ Nafion® XL Membrane
DuPont Fuel Cells has introduced DuPont™ Nafion® XL, a new extended-life reinforced membrane, that combines the advantages of mechanical reinforcement with enhanced chemical stability, enabling improved membrane durability.
A fundamental understanding of proton exchange membrane degradation has enabled DuPont to develop proprietary technologies that enhance the chemical stability of Nafion® PFSA membranes. The mechanical durability and enhanced chemical stability of Nafion® XL Membrane are the result of an advanced stabilization system that increases mechanical strength and provides resistance to peroxide attack, resulting in improved membrane life and performance.
- Stationary—Remote location and backup power applications
- Transportation—Bus, automotive, and light-duty vehicles
- Membrane tensile strength increased by 1.5 times and hydration expansion reduced by 50%, compared to NR211 membrane
- Reduction in fluoride emissions by over 40 times, compared to others that are made with non-reinforced chemically stabilized membrane
- Extended lifetime – lasts 20 times longer in demanding load and humidity cycling applications