Optimize FFKM selection with the Kalrez® Application Guide (KAG).
Upgraded and Improved Version 17.0 Now Available! Expires November 15, 2014.
Register below to request a downloadable file (18.7MB) using a Windows 95 (or later) operating platform. Every attempt will be made to respond to you within 24 hours with availability of the file. Please check this site for the latest updates.
Enjoy the following Kalrez® Application Guide 17.0 updates:
- As always, the Kalrez® Application Guide installation interface will assure that all data stored in the previous version of the Application Guide will be transferred to the new program.
- Under the Utilities menu, a new section has been added for racetrack grooves. This section allows for easy conversion of a racetrack groove to an equivalent circular groove. The grooves can have straight side walls or be a dovetail type groove. The equivalent circular groove information can then be automatically loaded into the Seal Design section of the program.
- The Semicon Industry part of the Product Selection section has been reformatted. The user is now asked for the application process type in order to enhance the product selection process.
- Kalrez® products 9500 and 9300 have been added to the Product Selection section for semicon plasma/gas processes.
- Under the Utilities Menu, a literature piece is now available for more detailed information on dovetail groove design.
- A Reverse Dovetail Groove has been added to the Seal Design section.
The Kalrez® Application Guide (KAG) is divided into three segments: Product Selection, Seal Design, and O-Ring Troubleshooting. Please note: most of the Product Selection section is available online in the Chemical Resistance Guide.
In the Product Selection section, Kalrez® products are rated in a variety of temperatures and chemical media. Specific compounds have been developed to meet the unique needs of the chemical, semiconductor, photovoltaic and pharmaceutical industries. If you do not participate in one of these industries, most chemicals are found in the chemical processing industry section.
The Seal Design section is organized to assist users in designing seals for O-rings or choosing O-rings for specific seals. The user has several seals to choose from which cover standard O-ring designs. These seals can be designed for specific O-rings or an O-ring can be selected for a seal of specific dimensions.
The O-ring Troubleshooting section includes photos of O-rings damaged from chemical, thermal, or mechanical attack. By understanding the cause of O-ring failure, proper selection of an alternative elastomer or seal design can help improve seal life.