CooLam® thermal substrates are used in submount, chip-on-board and metal core PCB LED packaging applications.These thermal clad laminates are a composite of metal foil, proprietary polyimide dielectric with thermally conductive inorganic fillers bonded to a metal base, and provide an ideal insulated metal substrate for high brightness LED lighting.
DuPont offers the following CooLam® product types for today's demanding thermal applications.
- CooLam® LA is designed for general LED lighting, LCD TV and LED backlight units.
- CooLam® LX is designed for LED high bay lighting and outdoor LED lighting, where very low thermal impedance is required.
- CooLam® 3D is designed for innovative omnidirectional A-19 replacement bulbs and general lighting fixtures.
Key properties of DuPont™ CooLam® thermal substrates:
- Low thermal resistance allows more light output at the same current
- Fewer LEDs achieve the same level of light intensity
- LEDs run cooler and longer
- Very low thermal impedance
- Excellent durability and stability at high temperature
- UL 94 recognition: V-0
- Halogen free
- Lead free solder compatibility
- RoHS compliant