DuPont™ Krytox® Performance Lubricants for Sintered Bearings.
Lubrication of sintered bearings, with their thirsty capillary channels, requires high-quality oils and greases that will ensure smooth-running lubricity and consistent viscosity for the full use-life of the machine. DuPont™ Krytox® perfluoropolyether- (PFPE-) based synthetic lubricants were made for this tough job.
The combination of characteristics associated with Krytox® Performance Lubricants has been shown to outperform hydrocarbon-based lubricants. Whether your sintered bearings are metal, ceramic or polymer-based, Krytox® lubricants provide:
- Superior film-forming capability—for a thicker oil layer and reduced wear
- Extreme resistance to oxidation—Krytox® PFPE oil, combined with advanced, high-efficiency DuPont™ Teflon® PTFE thickener will not oxidize and gum up with age, nor break down with shear
- Extreme temperature performance—will not break down in the high temperatures of electric motor applications (-51 °C to 200 °C [-60 °F to 392 °F ])
- Krytox® lubricants are water-resistant, non-flammable and chemically inert
- Fill-for-life potential—typically, no need to re-lubricate bearings during the lifetime of the electric motor
- Excellent anticorrosion additives resist corrosion and rust during storage and in wet environments
- Krytox® grease is compatible with most metals and seals but requires removal of all old lubricants from the motor bearings before application
DuPont™ Krytox® oils and greases have earned their field-proven reputation for rock-solid, long-term dependability in a variety of sintered bearing applications such as lubed-for-life sintered roller and roll-neck bearings in electric motors, automotive components, computer peripherals and other machinery. In extreme temperatures, in high moisture and caustic chemical environments, where lubed-for-life lubrication is required, DuPont™ Krytox® Performance Lubricants can help.
>> Learn more about the use of DuPont™ Krytox® oils and greases in Lubed-For-Life bearing applications
See how the Cariboo Pulp and Paper Plant extended the service life of their electric motor bearings while eliminating the need for a re-lubrication process by switching to DuPont™ Krytox® AUT 2E45 grease.