DuPont™ Krytox® Performance Lubricants for Gearboxes.
DuPont has developed a series of Krytox® high-performance synthetic greases specially formulated for the effective lubrication and protection of high-temperature gearbox gears, bearings and seals. Because Krytox® is a perfluoropolyether- (PFPE-) based polymer composed of fluorine, oxygen and carbon, no hydrogen is present in the molecule, resulting in exceptional stability and non-flammability.
Krytox® greases deliver remarkably consistent lubrication in extreme temperatures — and Krytox® grease will not oxidize, even in operating temperatures as high as 350 °C (662 °F). Free of the usual thermal degradation of conventional lubricants, Krytox® gearbox greases will not form sludge or varnish, reducing a common cause of bearing and gear failures while extending seal and gearbox life.
In many applications, Krytox® grease will last the life of the gearbox, greatly reducing or eliminating the need for maintenance and re-lubrication. The many benefits of Krytox® gearbox greases include:
- Excellent, long-lasting lubrication properties and load-carrying ability
- Unaffected by — and non-reactive with — acidic or caustic cleaners and disinfectants, steam, moisture and extreme high temperatures
- Will not form sludge or varnish to gum up gears or bearings
- Superior corrosion resistance and no oxidation — even at extreme temperatures
- Chemically and biologically inert, non-flammable and silicone-free
- Minimal environmental footprint
- Contain no volatile organic compound (VOC) materials or chlorine
Krytox® gearbox greases are available in a variety of base oil viscosities to meet the specific performance requirements of your application. >>Learn More