DuPont™ Krytox® Performance Lubricants for the Electronics/Semi-conductor Industry
DuPont™ Krytox® fluorinated, low-friction lubricants first earned their reputation for reliable performance in critical aerospace projects, such as the traction motors in NASA’s Lunar Rover. Today, Krytox® lubricants have become invaluable resources to the electronics industry.
These non-toxic, long-lasting, multipurpose lubricating oils and greases are available in a wide variety of formulations to improve the performance of equipment in your production line. Whether you need safe, effective vacuum pump fluids or superior lubricity for bearings, valves, seals, O-rings, chains, compressors, gearboxes, mechanical pumps or other components, Krytox® oils and greases fight friction, seal barriers and can help lengthen the use-life of your equipment, even in extreme high or low temperatures. That means you’ll have less downtime and possibly less need for replacement parts less often than when using conventional hydrocarbon lubricants.
- DuPont™ Krytox® vacuum pump fluids are used in applications where conventional vacuum pump oils cause safety, waste disposal and maintenance problems. They are highly stable, non-flammable, help reduce the chance of fire in pumps, and do not contain acetal groups, which are susceptible to attack by Lewis acids. Krytox® vacuum pump fluids are also non-reactive with chemicals and safe to use in oxygen systems—so they can replace competitive (PFPE) fluids or any other type of vacuum fluid. Applications include semiconductors, wet and dry pumps, vacuum system sealants, cleanrooms, robotics and others.
The many benefits of DuPont™ Krytox® Performance Lubricants include:
- Oxygen compatible and non-reactive with chemicals
- Excellent vapor pressure to withstand high temperatures — from
-15 °C to 300 °C (0°F to 570 °F), at vapor pressures as low as 10−13 mmHg
- Krytox® LVP grease will not explode, ignite, decompose, react to form gummy or solid deposits, or act as fuel for fires
- Extended life−so you’ll use a fraction of the usual quantities
- Recognized by all major vacuum pump manufacturers
- Undamaged by−and non-reactive with−acidic or caustic cleaners and disinfectants, steam, moisture as well as extreme temperatures and pressures that hydrocarbon, silicone and chlorofluorocarbon greases can’t match
- Chemically and biologically inert and silicone-free
- Krytox® VPF fluids are inert and non-reactive to virtually all elastomers, plastics and metals
- Krytox® oil for high-vacuum applications is also useful for sealing laboratory glassware connections and as a thread lubricant/sealant
- Krytox® lubricants contain no volatile organic compound (VOC) materials or chlorine
- Krytox® fluids can be regenerated, have a minimal environmental footprint and are compatible with chemicals commonly used in industry
Learn more about DuPont™ Krytox® Performance Lubricants for the Electronics/
Request a DuPont™ Krytox® Lubricant Sample