DuPont™ Krytox® Greases Deliver Superior Lubrication and Much More.
Greases from DuPont™ Krytox® Performance Lubricants deliver long-lasting lubricity and viscosity performance that no hydrocarbon-based grease can match. These advanced lubricants deliver measurable value, reducing maintenance costs for re-lubrication, component failure and downtime. When compared to conventional lubricants, Krytox® grease provides less friction and wear, with longer service life for your critical components.
DuPont™ Krytox® greases are created by thickening synthetic perfluoropolyether-
(PFPE-) based oil with polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) powder, creating a white, nontoxic grease that provides excellent lubrication in demanding applications. The PTFE thickener forms a barrier that holds the base oil at friction contact points for long-term lubrication without requiring complicated oil recirculation systems.
Krytox® offers anticorrosion-grade greases and additives that combine high-performance, anti-friction lubrication with effective anti-rust protection for surfaces under high loads. Because Krytox® grease cannot be washed out with water, is not affected by steam, and is non-reactive to acids and industrial cleaning solutions, your bearings are protected against oxidation and lubricant washout.
Krytox® greases are available in a wide range of NLGI grades, both as soft/fluid greases for sealed gear drives and stiffer, channeling greases for high-speed component lubrication, such as bearings. Krytox® greases provide excellent performance in extreme temperatures from -75 °C (-103 °F) and up to 399 °C (750 °F) — along with non-flammability and chemical inertness under a wide range of conditions.
Krytox® greases are used worldwide in a long list of industries that demand effective, stable, long-lasting lubrication that saves operating costs while fighting friction and wear. Many product manufacturers use Krytox® lubricants knowing that their equipment can operate longer with less downtime.
Key product benefits of Krytox® greases include:
- White, pure, nontoxic, non-reactive, non-flammable, long-lasting, fluorinated synthetic greases
- Safe for chemical and oxygen service; provides radiation resistance
- Maintaining lubrication in extreme heat, under heavy load and in harsh chemicals
- Non-reactive to harsh chemicals, acids, steam or moisture
- Non-reactive to all typical elastomers, plastics, most metals and process chemicals
- Available with anti-rust protection
- NSF H1-certified for incidental food contact grease grades are available
- Operate in high temperature and under extreme pressure
- Water-resistant oils for food machinery applications also available
- Long-lasting lubrication for “filled-for-life” applications