DuPont™ GreenTape™ 9K7 is a lead free* low loss glass ceramic dielectric tape for high frequency applications - up to 100 gigahertz (GHz) and beyond - that includes compatible gold and silver conductors, plus co-fired embedded resistors. For advanced high-frequency, microwave, and millimetre wave electronic circuit applications within the aerospace, automotive, military, consumer electronics, and telecommunications industries.
GreenTape™ 9K7 delivers:
- High reliability via hermetic packaging
- Repeatability in processing
- Low loss at high frequency
- Stable dielectric constant, shrinkage, and surface roughness following a wide variety of downstream processing conditions.
- Unique benefits for system integrators/OEMs
- Unique benefits for fabricators
These properties make GreenTape™ 9K7 a unique solution for leading edge applications requiring RF and microwave frequencies, such as bluetooth, automotive safety radar systems, and transceivers.
All components of the DuPont™ GreenTape™ 9K7 LTCC system are compatible, to facilitate their introduction into the manufacturing process.
For System Integrators and OEMs
DuPont™ GreenTape™ 9K7 is ideal for electronic system designs which need to deliver a high density, low loss, cost effective interconnect and packaging solution that performs with exceptionally high reliability.
Benefits versus not-in-kind organic laminates such as liquid crystal polymer, include:
- Higher routing density
- Reduction in footprint of approximately 20%
- Embedded resistor capability
- Better hermeticity
- Up to 80% better TCE match with gallium arsenide and silicon die.
More robust in processing, GreenTape™ 9K7 offers a stable dielectric constant even when refired, which translates into consistently higher yields for final circuits.
Processing advantages versus other merchant tape systems include:
- Approximately 25% lower loss
- A 10 – 15% increase in mechanical strength
- Significantly improved re-fire (6X) stability of dielectric constant and surface roughness
* “Lead free” as used herein means that lead is not an intentional ingredient in and is not intentionally added to the referenced products. Trace amounts however may be present.