DuPont™ Softesse® is used extensively around the world in single-use patient and procedural drapes. Softesse® can be treated to be absorbent or reinforced with poly films to be impervious to fluids. It is available in a range of weights, colors and finishes. Softesse® benefits include:
- Offer good fluid repellency and splash resistance.
- Are strong and tear-resistant.
- Conform easily, so they stay in place on a patient, without slipping or sliding.
- Feature very high opacity, which allows greater patient modesty and minimizes distracting glare in the O.R.
- Are easily disposable using standard methods.
- Meet the Standard for Flammability of Clothing Textiles CPSC 16 CFR Part 1610.