- For the fourth consecutive year, The National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) named DuPont one of the "Top 30 Companies for Executive Women."
- DuPont Taiwan received the Industrial Sustainable Excellence Award from the Taiwan Government. The award recognizes both DuPont Taiwan's sustainable growth and safety and environmental excellence and the commitment of employees.
- DuPont India was named one of India's top 25 employers by the 'Best Employers in India' 2004 survey released by Hewitt Associates.
- DuPont Argentina was named a "Best Place to Work" in the "2004 Great Place to Work" survey.
- Carta Capital magazine named DuPont the most admired chemical company in Brazil.
- For the last 15 of 17 years, DuPont was honored as one of the "100 Best Companies for Working Mothers" in the United States by Working Mother magazine.
- DuPont Mexico was named a "Best Company to Work For", on a survey published by the Mexican business magazine EXPANSION and The Great Place To Work Institute®.
- DuPont was named one of the 30 Best Employers in Belgium for 2004.
- Fortune magazine names DuPont #36 on the Global Most Admired Companies All Star list.
- DuPont's ranking rose from 28th to 26th on the Annual Reputation Quotient (RQ), developed by Harris Interactive and the Reputation Institute. The company's "RQ" was 71.58 (out of 100).
- DuPont was one of 11 companies named a 'Best Corporate Citizen' in China.
- DuPont Hong Kong was named a "Caring Company" by The Hong Kong Council of Social Service in honor of its donations and community services activities.
- DuPont scientist Stephanie Kwolek, inventor of DuPont™ Kevlar® fiber, was inducted into the National Women's Hall of Fame.
- Bill Harvey, Vice President & General Manager, DuPont Advanced Fibers Systems, was named Executive of the Year at the Beta Gamma Sigma Induction Ceremony and Honors Convocation at the University of Richmond in Virginia.