Enhancing People’s lives for a Sustainable Future
Through the DuPont philosophy, DuPont is committed to improving the quality of life and enhancing the vitality of the communities in which it operates throughout the world. Through financial contributions and the volunteer efforts of its employees, DuPont supports programs and organizations that address social progress, economic success and environmental excellence - all vital components of community sustainability.
- Social Progress – Increasing access to opportunity; helping children, youth and families; fostering understanding among community members;
- Economic Success – Revitalizing neighborhoods; helping people achieve self-sufficiency; enhancing the quality of life; and
- Environmental Excellence – Providing leadership in enhancing and protecting the environment.
In Thailand, DuPont has initiated a number of environmental, safety and health-related projects and has also been supporting education and science development in order to lead the Thai society into a better tomorrow.
These programs have been implemented to meet the needs of local communities and to align with DuPont core values, vision and mission. They have been granted with financial support from DuPont Community Fund (DCF) and through the partnership with local social communities such as universities, government ministries, schools, trade associations and NGO.
Some of DuPont’s Social Contribution Activities during 2002 - 2007 include:
- Reforestation Activity at Tayang, Petchaburi Province.
- Safe Playground in school at Wat Pol Manee and Sam Yak Klong Lao Lae School, Bangkok
- School building at Ban-klong-noi school, Prachuab Khirikhan
- Donation of money, Tyvek® Barrierman Coverall and Virkon® Disinfectant for the tsunami victims.
- “Science & Environmental” Camp at St. Yoseph Suksa, Nakornratchasima
- “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Novel Competition” aim to inspire Thai youth to be creative and imaginative in all aspects of science
- “The Miracles of Science” Book to government authorities to promote the study of science among Thai children and youth.
- “Science” camp at Wachirabenchatas Park to stimulate the learning of science in a fun environment for more than 300 schoolchildren
- “Miracles of Science” science educational TV program.
- “Corn Farming for Lunch” for 48 schools in rural area.
- “Jamboree Safety” program at the 20th World Scout for more than international 30,000 scouts and staff
- “Mobile Fun Science” to familiarize schoolchildren with experiential approaches to learning science for more than 30,000 schoolchildren of 65 schools.
- “Bottle Recycling” in Chantaburi and Nokornpathom.
- ISO Tank Emergency Response Training to the government authorities to help develop awareness and capability for safety distribution of hazardous materials.