Judging Criteria for the
DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation
The DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation is an international, independently judged competition that honors innovations in packaging design, materials, technology, processes, and service across the entire packaging value chain. Inaugurated in 1986, the DuPont Packaging Awards program is now recognized as the leading packaging awards program in the world.
This year's awards program includes refreshing changes that reflect current trends in the packaging industry.
“The DuPont Packaging Awards honor packaging innovations that use science, inspiration, and creativity to shift the paradigms and change the way we live. As we enter the next quarter century of celebrating packaging, we believe we need to evolve with the industry,” said Yasmin Siddiqi, Marketing Director – DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers, DuPont Packaging Awards program leader. “Our past awards categories have been upgraded to reflect future global challenges and the increasingly important role of the consumer in driving packaging innovation.”
In evaluating entries, jurors will consider excellence based on the following criteria:
- New and/or clever use of matierals
- New technology integration
- Creative configuration and/or assembly
- Increased production and/or distribution efficiency
- Responsible use of materials
- Clean and efficient energy consumption
- Reduction in product and package waste
- Benefits the greater good
Enhanced User Experience
- Fulfills a user need and/or provides an enhanced experience
- Aids product merchandising and motivates purchase
- Enables greater product accessibility
- Establishes a preferred price/value equation
Register here for the 26th DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation.