Entry Deadline for 2011 DuPont Awards Fast Approaching
Prestigious Jury Panel Announced
WILMINGTON, Del., Jan. 18, 2011 – DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers has announced that the deadline for entries in the 23rd DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation is Feb. 28, 2011, and that this year’s prestigious jury panel has been selected. The panel will be headed by John Bernardo, principal, Sustainable Innovations LLC, and includes industry experts from the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, China, Brazil and India.
Winners of the DuPont Awards demonstrate excellence in meeting consumer needs while achieving innovation, sustainability and cost/waste reduction breakthroughs. Last year’s winners spoke about their objectives and challenges at the 2010 DuPont Packaging Exchange. Hear their insights in our “winner insights” video segment. Entry forms are available on-line at www.packaging.dupont.com. According to previous winners, being selected as a DuPont Awards winner generated substantial media exposure for their company and product that helped them grow their business.
The prestigious international jury panel for the 23rd DuPont Awards, in the industry’s longest running, independently judged competition, includes:
- Alvaro Azanha, Packaging Technology Director, Brasil Foods, Brazil
- Dr. Martin Berlekamp, Director PET Technology, Klöckner Pentaplast GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
- John Bernardo, Principal, Sustainable Innovations LLC, USA
- Jane Bickerstaffe, Director, INCPEN, UK
- Ronald De Vlam, Partner, Web de Vlam, USA
- Geoff Giddens, Food Packaging Associate Director, Pepsico China
- Jim Hanna, Director, Environmental Impact, Starbucks Coffee Co., USA
- Mike Heldman, Marketing Manager, Products and Innovation, International Paper, Coated Paperboard Business, USA
- Amanda Holder, Sustainable Packaging & Resin Supervisor, Berry Plastics, USA
- Louis Lindenberg, Packaging Capability Director, Global Design & Sustainability, Unilever, UK
- Amit Ray, President & CEO, Flexible Packaging Division, Uflex Limited, India
Packaging designers, converters, consumer good producers, retailers and equipment manufacturers from around the world are encouraged to enter their new product packaging developments. There is no fee for entry and DuPont materials do not need to be in the packaging structure. In evaluating entries, jurors will consider excellence in one or more of these areas: innovation, sustainability and cost/waste reduction. Winners will be announced in June 2011. Information on the program and past winners is posted on DuPont’s Packaging website.
DuPont Packaging brings together minds, methods and materials to help create, integrate, seal, optimize and sustain innovative packaging solutions worldwide, helping efficiently deliver safer, fresher, more sustainable foods, cosmetics, medical products, and other consumer and industrial goods to people everywhere.
DuPont (www.dupont.com) is a science-based products and services company. Founded in 1802, DuPont puts science to work by creating sustainable solutions essential to a better, safer, healthier life for people everywhere. Operating in more than 90 countries and regions, DuPont offers a wide range of innovative products and services for markets including agriculture and food; building and construction; communications; and transportation.