DuPont Invites Collaboration at NPE - International Plastics Showcase
Sustainability or Performance – Choose Both
WILMINGTON, Del., Feb. 14, 2012 – Several leading DuPont materials science businesses will join forces at the upcoming National Plastics Expo in Orlando, April 1-5 in Booth #35013, to showcase sustainable solutions that deliver performance.
DuPont plastics, packaging, polymer modifiers and the bio-based ingredients business resulting from the recent acquisition of Danisco will highlight materials science and design techniques that can be used to deliver performance and sustainability. They also will feature recent commercial developments to stimulate new ideas and invite customers to hear more about new and emerging globally linked customer innovation centers designed to help accelerate product development cycles and improve success.
MATERIALS SCIENCE: Renewable Ingredients, Polymer Modifiers
DuPont Polymer Additive group, formerly part of Danisco, features SOFT-N-SAFE™, the world's foremost bio-based plasticizer which enables PVC customers to utilize safe chemistry in an environmentally responsible fashion. The group also plans to introduce a fully food-grade approved anti-stat replacement for ethoxylated amines for polypropylene films during a science and technology talk on Tuesday, April 3, at 2:30 p.m. These bio-based additive families deliver performance benefits ranging from flexibility to anti-stat and anti-fog.
Additionally, DuPont will feature examples of polymer modifiers used to improve performance, sustainability and reduce overall costs:
(Click on image for larger view.)
- DuPont™ Elvaloy® resins used as a reinforcement and thermal insulator for high-quality, low-cost housing build by Repshel in Mexico.
Click this link to see how DuPont and Repshel collaborate with a Mexican family and the local community to build affordable housing for a safer, healthier and more dignified life.
- DuPont™ Fusabond® modifiers used to compatibilize and bond dissimilar polymers in the award-winning closed-loop recycling process for agrochemical multilayer bottles in Brazil called the “Virtuous Cycle” project.
- A new on-line selector tool designed to streamline adhesive selection and reduce overall costs will launch at NPE.
MATERIALS SCIENCE: Renewable Materials,
High Performance Polymers
New applications that illustrate the talents of global DuPont Performance Polymers developers working throughout the value chain include:
- Two award-winning applications – DuPont™ Zytel® RS nylon in Fiat bio-diesel fuel lines and DuPont™ Sorona® EP polymer in Toyota air-conditioning louvers – show how renewably sourced polymers improve the product’s performance and deliver environmental benefit.
- The flexible, durable nature of DuPont™ Hytrel® TPC/ET is core to lightweight prosthetic
feet that enable amputees to have greater mobility and stability. The next generation “Niagara Foot,” developed with Niagara Prosthetics & Orthotics International and Queen’s University in Canada, captures the power of collaboration to solve the big challenges.
Click this link to see how the Niagara Foot made a difference for a market trader and amputee.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit www.dupont.com.