Leading Experts will Address Collaboration Required to Meet Future Development Challenges
DuPont Semiconductor Fabrication and Packaging Materials has announced it will host a technical panel discussion, "Technology Partnerships & Tools for the Future", featuring experts from leading companies including Intel, Spansion, Applied Materials, ASML, Brewer Science, SEMATECH and the University of Arizona’s Center for Environmentally Benign Semiconductor Manufacturing. The panel will discuss how key groups across the semiconductor industry value chain are strategizing with their business partners to develop advanced technologies for future use. The discussion will take place on July 18 from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m., at SEMICON West 2007 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, Calif.
Five primary stakeholder groups involved in the development of semiconductor materials and processes – integrated circuit (IC) producers, process tool companies, chemical and material suppliers, consortia, and academic institutions – will address key questions and issues related to the IC value chain, including:
- Are the working relationships and coordination among key stakeholders sufficient to meet the future needs of the industry?
- What is working well, and what can be improved?
- How can the cooperation needed to meet the increasingly demanding requirements of advanced ICs best be achieved?
Each panelist will make a short presentation, followed by a question and answer session. Ed Korczynski, senior technical editor, Solid State Technology, will moderate the conversation.
"DuPont is pleased to host this gathering of influential leaders, who can offer insights to help the industry collectively understand how increased collaboration will generate the new products and partnerships that will take semiconductor technology more quickly to the next level," said Timothy P. McCann, vice president and general manager - DuPont Electronic Technologies. "At DuPont, we recognize the important role that advanced materials play in making these developments possible, and we are committed to supporting the industry and sharing knowledge more broadly through discussions like this one, in pursuit of new semiconductor innovations."
To register for this free seminar, please visit www.electronics.dupont.com.
A reception will follow immediately after the discussion concludes.
In addition to sponsoring the technical panel discussion, DuPont is also exhibiting its portfolio of advanced material technologies for semiconductor fabrication and packaging at SEMICON West, highlighting the following new developments:
- DuPont™ CuSolve™ EKC520 copper post-etch residue remover from EKC Technology will be featured as part of the SEMICON West Technology Innovation Showcase, in booth #T3 in the North Hall, with a short Tech XPOT presentation scheduled on July 17 at 3:50pm. Spanning technology nodes from 130 to 45nm, DuPont™ CuSolve™ is capable of meeting the technical challenges of successfully cleaning advanced Cu / low-k devices, while providing a more environmentally sustainable solution to the industry.
- DuPont Performance Elastomers will be highlighting its latest product Kalrez® 9100 perfluoroelastomer parts for ultra-low contamination in aggressive plasma environments. Kalrez® 9100 parts offer performance that surpasses industry maintenance standards for greater equipment uptime in deposition, etching and select ashing processes. A combination of properties effectively extends seal life, produces higher quality chips and greater yields.
- DuPont will also introduce a new set of co-designed products – DuPont™ WBR2000™ microlithographic polymer films and a new DuPont™ EKC dryfilm remover, which provide a step change in fine pitch bump formation and clean resist removal to meet the most challenging wafer level and flip chip bumping requirements. These technologies, together with the HD MicroSystems line of redistribution dielectrics, provide a tested and proven integrated solution for area array package requirements, whether stencil printed, plated, pillared or C4 applied.
DuPont Semiconductor Fabrication & Packaging Materials connect science and technology from across the company to offer one of the broadest portfolios of innovative materials and advanced process expertise available in the semiconductor industry. Working together and in sync with our customers globally, we’re applying DuPont science and technology to bring highly engineered material solutions to semiconductor fabrication, manufacturing and packaging. For more information, please visit electronics.dupont.com, or visit DuPont at SEMICON West, in booth 1906, South Hall.
DuPont is a science-based products and services company. Founded in 1802, DuPont puts science to work by creating sustainable solutions essential to a better, safer, healthier life for people everywhere. Operating in more than 70 countries, DuPont offers a wide range of innovative products and services for markets including agriculture and food; building and construction; communications; and transportation.
# # #
The DuPont Oval, DuPont™, The miracles of science™, DuPont™ CuSolve™ EKC520, DuPont™ EKC, and Kalrez® are registered trademarks or trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates.