DuPont Microcircuit Materials Features Enabling Technologies at the FISITA World Automotive Conference
DuPont Microcircuit Materials (MCM), part of DuPont Electronic Technologies, will exhibit the latest innovations in automotive electronic ceramic circuits using DuPont thick film compositions at the FISITA World Automotive Conference (stand number F13) taking place at the ICM International Congress Centre in Munich, Germany, on September 14-19, 2008.
“Increased demand in the automotive market for active safety systems, greater fuel efficiency and environmental improvements makes continued innovation in electronic materials critical,” said Eric McLean, European automotive segment manager -- DuPont Microcircuit Materials. “Ceramic technologies stand up to temperature extremes and provide high reliability to enable the development of new electronic circuit designs that enhance the safety, performance and comfort of modern vehicles, cost effectively. DuPont delivers on its commitment to innovation in this industry by working in close partnership with customers to provide solutions that meet their specific needs.”
DuPont Microcircuit Materials provides a broad range of materials for use in a number of key automotive applications, such as:
- Termination and electrode materials used in piezo-actuator fuel injection systems that deliver higher fuel efficiency
- A range of conductors, resistors and dielectrics used in fine line electronic control circuitry in a number of advanced automotive applications
- High performance materials used in exhaust sensors to enable higher accuracy and reliability in emission control systems
- A family of low loss, low temperature co-fired ceramic (LTCC) materials used in high frequency radar systems for safety applications such as blind spot detection and active cruise control
- A range of materials for use in electronic sensors operating under aggressive conditions
DuPont Microcircuit Materials has over 40 years of experience in the development, manufacture, sale, and support of specialised thick film compositions for a wide variety of electronic applications in the automotive, display, photovoltaic, biomedical, industrial, military, and telecommunications markets. For more information on DuPont Microcircuit Materials, please visit http://mcm.dupont.com. Microcircuit Materials is part of DuPont Electronic Technologies, a leading supplier of electronic materials, including materials for the fabrication and packaging of semiconductors, materials for hybrid, rigid and flexible circuits, and materials for advanced displays.
DuPont is a science-based products and services company. Founded in 1802, DuPont puts science to work by creating sustainable solutions essential to a better, safer, healthier life for people everywhere. Operating in more than 70 countries, DuPont offers a wide range of innovative products and services for markets including agriculture and food; building and construction; communications; and transportation.