Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for General Industry
The employer shall assess the workplace to determine if hazards are present, or are likely to be present, and which necessitate the use of personal protective equipment (PPE). If such hazards are present, or likely to be present, the employer shall:
- Select, and have each employee use, the types of PPE that will protect the affected employee from the hazards identified in the hazard assessment. Communicate selection decisions to each affected employee.
- Select PPE that properly fits each affected employee.
The employer shall verify that the required workplace hazard assessment has been performed through a written certification that identifies the workplace evaluated; the person certifying that the evaluation has been performed; the date(s) of the hazard assessment; and, which identifies the document as a certification of hazard assessment.
The employer shall provide training to each employee who is required by this section to use PPE. Each such employee shall be trained to know at least the following.
- When PPE is necessary
- What PPE is necessary
- How to properly don, doff, adjust, and wear PPE
- The limitations of the PPE
- The proper care, maintenance, useful life and disposal of the PPE
ILI Infodisk Inc.
610 Winters Avenue
Paramus , NJ 07652
Tel: 888 454 2688
Fax: 201 986 7886
ILI can be reached in the United Kingdom at:
Berks SL5 7EU
Tel: 44 1344 636 300
Fax: 44 1344 291 194