1933 Remington Arms

DuPont’s financial strength allowed Remington to buy smaller firearms companies and expand its foreign business. During World War II, Remington operated five government-owned ammunition plants and continued its military contracts in the postwar period. After increasing its share in Remington during the 1970s, DuPont purchased the company outright in 1980. Remington continued to perform well over the next decade, but DuPont bolstered its chemical products base and increasingly focused on biomaterials research rather than explosives. As a result, DuPont sold Remington’s assets to RACI Acquisitions in 1993.

Advertisement for Nitro Express shells