DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions Showcases How Materials Selections can Enable Higher Financial Returns at PV Expo in Tokyo
As the leading specialty materials supplier to the solar industry, more than half of the world’s 400 million solar panels installed since 1975 rely on DuPont materials science. DuPont materials are proven to stand the test of time and can help protect Return on Investments (ROI) in solar projects. Visit our booth to learn more about DuPont innovations.
- Dates: Wednesday, February. 26 - 28, 2014
- Hours: 10 am - 6 pm on February. 26 – 27, 10 am – 5 pm on February 28
- Venue: Tokyo Big Sight, Japan
- DuPont Booth: E52-26
- DuPont™ Solamet® photovoltaic metallizations
- Solamet® PV18x frontside silver paste helps to achieve high efficiency solar cells with higher production yields enabled by DuPont proprietary Tellurium technology.
- Integrated solutions for Local Back Surface Field (LBSF) solar cell designs.
- DuPont™ Tedlar® polyvinyl fluoride (PVF) films are proven to provide 30 or more years of durability and reliability for solar panels exposed to extreme outdoor conditions.
- DuPont™ ionomer encapsulants have proven durability for more than 15 years and demonstrate resistance to Potential Induced Degradation (PID), a well-known cause of solar panel failure.
- DuPont™ Kapton® polyimide films are used as substrate materials for flexible thin film solar panels.
- Plastic frame concept model for potential use on rooftops
- Fielded module test results demonstrated by various backsheet constructions
- Yingli Solar Modules Featuring two modules made with DuPont™ Solamet® and Tedlar® materials to help boost the power output and reliable lifetime of solar panels, even in extreme outdoor conditions
- PANDA 60 Cell Series - New mono c-Si module with n-type solar cells that have average efficiencies higher than 19.5%. Combined with high transmission glass, module efficiencies are up to 17.1%.
- YGE 60 Cell Series – Top performer in every application, from rooftop systems to utility-scale power plants. High performance, multi-cSi solar cells deliver efficiency of up to 15.9%.
- Sharp Solar Module Made with DuPont™ Solamet® and Tedlar® inside help achieve higher power output and reliable solar panel performance over time.
Time: Friday, February 28 from 1:40 - 2:40 pm
Topic: The critical importance of durable materials in solar energy economics
Presenter: Conrad Burke, Global Marketing Director, DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions