Meet the DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions Leadership Team
Global Business Director, DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions (DPVS)
From 2009-2011, Bill was the business director for the Growth businesses in DuPont Electronics and Communications, which include OLEDs, Digital Printing, Display Enhancements, and Authentications. From 2003-2009, he was director of the DuPont OLED business, during which time DuPont developed advanced technology and materials for low cost manufacturing of solution process OLED displays. Prior to joining DuPont in 2002 in Corporate Strategic Planning, Bill worked in venture capital, and was a management consultant with the Boston Consulting Group.
He received his BSE from the University of Pennsylvania, MBA from the MIT Sloan School, and Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from MIT. He was a Winston Churchill Scholar at Cambridge University.
Areas of Expertise:
- Global solar energy market and technology trends
- Long term reliability of PV modules
- Intellectual Property (IP) theft and protection
- Photovoltaic materials and technologies driving improved efficiency, lifetimes, and overall PV system cost reduction
- Reducing dependence on fossil fuels through photovoltaic (solar) solutions
- Tedlar® polyvinyl fluoride films for PV backsheets
- Tedlar® polyvinyl fluoride films for aerospace and industrial markets