New Cell Architecture
DuPont™ Solamet® PV Aluminum Metallization Pastes for Local Back Surface Field Solar Cell Designs
To help lower LCOE DuPont is actively engaged in the development of Solamet® metallization pastes for new cell architectures that can deliver >22% cell efficiency by 2015.
DuPont™ Solamet® PV36x Series for Local BSF Enables Up to 0.8 Percent Greater Solar Cell Efficiency
DuPont™ Solamet® PV36x series photovoltaic metallization pastes enable lower laydown of less than 1 g per 6” x 6” wafer and up to 0.8 percent greater efficiency with LBSF cell designs. They are high performance conductive aluminum compositions, developed as a back surface conductor compatible with the i-PERC process for Local Back Surface Field (Local BSF) designs of silicon solar cells.
DuPont offers two new products as part of the series:
- DuPont™ Solamet® PV361 is designed for laser fired local contact formation.
- DuPont™ Solamet® PV362 is optimized for i-PERC process for Local BSF designs
Additional product benefits include:
- Very good local BSF formation with minimum voiding
- High adhesion on passivation layer (SiO2/SiNx, Al2O3/SiNx stacks) with no dielectric damage
- Fast drying and firing
- Low electrical resistivity after firing
- Compatible with PV701 Ag for Metal Wrap Through (MWT) cell design
- Lead and Cadmium free*
*Lead and Cadmium ‘free’ as used herein means that Lead or Cadmium are not intentionally added to the referenced product. Trace amounts however may be present.
Please contact us for more information on Solamet® PV metallization pastes or other DuPont Photovoltaic Solutions.
DuPont Photovoltaic Metallizations