PRAGUE, May 30, 2007
Welcome to the Pre-K 2007 Press Kit
For an overview of DuPont’s strategy of innovation and adaptation in the global marketplace, take a look at the presentation by Tim McCann, vice president, sales and marketing, DuPont Engineering Polymers. For a glimpse of the future in polymers made from renewable resources, superstructural (i.e. stronger, stiffer materials) see the remarks of Nandan Rao, technology director DuPont Performance Materials. Other presentations provide a view of trends that drive our innovations in materials for automotive, electrical/electronic and other industrial and consumer product manufacture.
New materials. Summary information on 11 new grades or series of engineering resins are available in the PDF. These new resins provide designers, molders and end users with opportunities for innovative design, cost savings and/or a reduced environmental footprint. And between now and K show, we’ll be introducing the first commercial grades of Sorona® engineering plastics and Hytrel® thermoplastic elastomer made with a corn-based precursor.
The briefing material contains details on 12 new applications that underscore the performance capabilities and benefits of engineering plastics as a tool for innovative design and cost savings an alternative to metals or other materials.
Here is a list of the articles in the DuPont Engineering Polymers Pre K 2007 Press Kit.
- DuPont Engineering Polymers’ vision 2010 — Speech of Timothy P. McCann, Vice President Sales & Marketing, DuPont Engineering Polymers
- Shaping the Future of Plastics: New Technology Platforms — Nandan Rao, Technology Director for DuPont Performance Materials
- Committed to growth in Europe — Speech of Alain Baronnier, European sales and marketing director for DuPont Engineering Polymers
- Engineering Polymers for the Automotive Industry: Turning Visions into Reality — Workshop Summary, Klaus Bender, Market Development Manager, Automotive Industry, DuPont Engineering Polymers
- Press Information: Rocker cover of Minlon® with a high degree of functionality
- Press Information: Truck body-panels made of DuPont™ Crastin® reduce costs and weight
- Press Information: Large truck air duct blow-molded in DuPont™ Zytel® nylon
- Press Information: Safety-enhanced adaptive headlamp system from Valeo uses DuPont™ Zytel® HTN
- DuPont’s broad-based strength in Industrial & Consumer (InCon) — Workshop Summary, Stewart Daykin, Market Development and Technology Manager Europe at DuPont Engineering Polymers
- Press Information: DuPont™ Hytrel® provides reliable signal protection in railroads
- Press Information: Robust and lightweight DuPont™ Zytel® HTN used in ground-breaking prosthetic hand
- Press Information: Turkish coffee pot made of Zytel® HTN combines polymer technology with tradition
- Press Information: Growth-encouraging lighting for greenhouses Holders made of DuPont™ Zenite® for gas discharge lamps retain properties at over 200 °C
- Press Information: New motocross boot uses DuPont™ Hytrel® for protection, performance and comfort
- Press Information: Shaft cover made of DuPont™ Zytel® provides cost-efficient safety for HVAC circulating pumps
- Press Information: Glass in AEG oven doors held in place by engineering polymers from DuPont
- Innovations in high-performance engineering polymers — Workshop Summary, Stefan Greulich, Marketing manager EMEA for High Temperature Solutions at DuPont Engineering Polymers
- Press Information: New multilayer and corrugation line installed at ETC in Geneva DuPont extends its extrusion capabilities to form new global center of excellence
High-resolution versions of the images that appear in the PDF can be downloaded by visiting http://uk.news.dupont.com. Refer to the menu on the left and click on Trade Fair Press Kits > Pre K 2007.
Right click this link and save to disk to download a PDF of the DuPont Engineering Polymers Pre K 2007 Press Kit
# # #