WILMINGTON, HONG KONG, July 31, 2008
DuPont Engineering Polymers Announces Price Increases
DuPont Engineering Polymers announces price increases in Asia Pacific effective Aug. 8 and in the Americas effective Sept. 1, or as contracts permit. This price increase is in addition to previously announced increases.
- DuPont™ Zytel® nylon and DuPont™ Minlon® mineral reinforced nylon will increase $0.29/lb in the Americas; $0.65 per kg in Asia Pacific.
- DuPont™ Zytel® HTN high performance polyamides will increase $0.15/lb in the Americas; $0.50 per kg in Asia Pacific.
- DuPont™ Delrin® acetal will increase $0.15/lb in the Americas; $0.30 per kg in Asia Pacific.
- DuPont™ Crastin® PBT, DuPont™ Rynite® PET and DuPont™ Hytrel® TPC-ET will increase $0.12/lb in the Americas; $0.25 per kg in Asia Pacific.
- DuPont™ Thermx® PCT high performance polyester will increase by $0.50 per kg in Asia Pacific.
- Price increases for specialty polymers will be higher and include a $1.00 per kg increase for DuPont™ Zenite® LCP in Asia Pacific.
“These price increases are essential to maintain long-term sustainability,” said Keith J. Smith, vice president and general manager – DuPont Engineering Polymers. “The relentless and cumulative nature of feedstock, energy and transportation cost increases has in effect cancelled out the cost-savings benefits derived from our aggressive cost reduction and efficiency programs. In addition, net price increases resulting from previous announcements have not adequately covered our growing cost burden. The net effect of these forces demands that we fully and promptly implement this additional price increase.”
DuPont Engineering Polymers specializes in application development, operating globally and using a broad range of high-performance materials and technology to help customers in the global aerospace, appliance, automotive, consumer, electrical, electronic, industrial, sporting goods and other diversified industries deliver high-quality, cost-effective systems and components.
DuPont is a science-based products and services company. Founded in 1802, DuPont puts science to work by creating sustainable solutions essential to a better, safer, healthier life for people everywhere. Operating in more than 70 countries, DuPont offers a wide range of innovative products and services for markets including agriculture and food; building and construction; communications; and transportation.
# # #