Geneva, October 9, 2008
DuPont Engineering Polymers announces price increases
DuPont Engineering Polymers announces price increases for its thermoplastic resins in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), to be effective on November 1, 2008 or as contracts allow.
- The price of DuPont™ Delrin® acetal resin will increase by 0.10 Euro/kg.
- The price of DuPont™ Crastin® PBT, DuPont™ Hytrel® thermoplastic elastomers, and DuPont™ ETPV engineering thermoplastic vulcanizates will increase by 0.15 Euro/kg.
- DuPont™ Zytel® HTN high-performance polyamide and DuPont™ Rynite® PET thermoplastic polyester resins will increase by 0.20 Euro/kg.
- The price of DuPont™ Zytel® polyamide resins and DuPont™ Minlon® polyamide resins will increase by 0.30 Euro/kg.
- DuPont™ Zenite® LCP will increase by 1.00 Euro/kg.
- Specialty grades and colours in all thermoplastic product families may increase by a larger amount. Specifically, Zytel®, Crastin® and Rynite® “FR” (flame retardant) grades will increase by 0.70 Euro/kg.
The increases are based on continued escalation of raw materials, transportation and logistics costs and are in addition to the increases announced in June 2008. DuPont strives continuously to offset these escalating costs with productivity programs and other containment measures, however their magnitude makes this additional round of price increases inevitable.
The DuPont Engineering Polymers business manufactures and sells Crastin® PBT and Rynite® PET thermoplastic polyester resins, Delrin® acetal resins, Hytrel® thermoplastic polyester elastomers, DuPont™ ETPV engineering thermoplastic vulcanizates, Minlon® mineral-reinforced nylon resins, Thermx® PCT polycyclohexylene dimethylterephthalates, Tynex® nylon filaments, Vespel® parts and shapes, Zenite® liquid crystal polymers and Zytel® nylon resins and Zytel® HTN high-performance polyamides. These products serve global markets in the aerospace, appliance, automotive, consumer, electrical, electronic, healthcare, industrial, sporting goods and many other diversified industries.
DuPont is a science-based products and services company. Founded in 1802, DuPont puts science to work by creating sustainable solutions essential to a better, safer, healthier life for people everywhere. Operating in more than 70 countries, DuPont offers a wide range of innovative products and services for markets including agriculture and food; building and construction; communications; and transportation.
# # #