PBT polybutylene terephthalate, when exposed to heat and humidity, reduces polymer chain length, which eventually causes property loss with time. Crastin® HR (Hydrolysis Resistant) has been designed to ensure maximum product stability, even in extremely severe environments. The extended life time of Crastin® HR is therefore even better suited to meet new customer needs.
DuPont™ Crastin® HR5315HFS, HR5330HFS
While keeping the same dry as moulded and hydrolysis performance properties as the previous Crastin® HR generation, both Crastin® HR5315HFS and Crastin® HR5330HFS have been developed to offer outstanding melt stability during moulding. Long-term moulding trials at the DuPont European Technical Center in Geneva, as well as extensive customer collaboration, have proven the process flexibility of the new Crastin® HR HFS products versus the existing PBT HR grades on the market. This unique combination allows a wider processing window, including the use of hot-runners and regrind, without sacrificing the best-in-class hydrolysis resistant product properties.
- Direct Drop-in solution vs existing Crastin® HR grades.
- Unique material off ering a perfectly balanced off ering of best-in-class hydrolysis protection and improved melt stability.
- Increased productivity through wider processing window vs competitive PBT HR resins.
- Cost reduction thanks to a regrind level of up to 30%
- Better colour stability in demanding processing conditions.
- Laser markability (black colour)
- Complex shapes with thinner walls, allowing high design fl exibility and size reduction (miniaturization).
- Best in Class CTI (600 V for Natural/Orange*Colours) for HR materials.
Click to enlarge the property table for Crastin® HR5315HFS and HR5330HFS:
Download the data sheets and product profile: