Polypropylene is a semicrystalline polymer exhibiting very attractive cost-performance balance and easy processability. Some applications require polypropylene modifiers to improve the toughness or attractiveness of the polymer. DuPont offers several value-adding modifier resins for polypropylene compounders.
- DuPont™ Elvaloy® AC polypropylene modifiers can be used in single-screw extruders to make toughened alloys.
- Increasing Elvaloy® AC loading increases PP toughness
- Ethylene butyl acrylate (EBA) grades are preferred for PP impact modification
- Enhances the dispersion of pigments, glass-fibers or minerals
- Improves compatibility for polypropylene alloys
- Applications include consumer and industrial goods
Other DuPont polypropylene modifiers include:
- Fusabond® P353, P613 – as coupling agents for mineral, glass or cellulose filled PP
- Elvaloy® AC 3427 – as a toughener
- Entira™ Antistat MK400 – a non-blooming permanent anti-stat with FDA compliance
- Entira™ Antistat AS500 – a polymeric, non-blooming permanent anti-stat with FDA compliance
- Entira™ Antistat AS100 – a polymeric, non-blooming permanent anti-stat with FDA compliance