DuPont™ ISCEON® MO99 is the newest addition to the ISCEON® family of refrigerants. ISCEON® MO99 is the first versatile refrigerant for replacing R-22 in direct expansion (DX) air conditioning and refrigeration systems. It provides benefits in commercial and residential air conditioning, in medium and low-temperature commercial refrigeration and DX water chiller systems with positive displacement compressors.
Direct replacement for R-22 in commercial and residential air conditioning, in medium and low-temperature commercial refrigeration and DX water chiller systems with positive displacement compressors.
- Non-ozone-depleting HFC retrofit refrigerants
- Provides efficient and cost-effective retrofits versus HFC/POE options
- No expansion valve or line set changes
- Eliminates disruptive oil changes
- Compatible with AB, MO, and POE lubricants
- Minimizes time spent on control set point adjustments and subsequent service calls
- Enables continued use of existing equipment
- 42% lower Global Warming Potential (GWP) than R-404A
- Close match to R-22 capacity and efficiency in most systems.
- Lower discharge temperature vs. R-22— likely to prolong the life of the compressor in some systems.
- Closer mass flow to R-22 gives advantages in systems with closely sized expansion devices.
ISCEON® MO99 is compatible with traditional and new lubricants, including mineral oil, alkylbenzene and polyol ester. In most cases, no change of lubricant type during retrofit is needed. Refer to retrofit guidelines for additional information.