» ISCEON® MO79 refrigerant in the United States
» ISCEON® refrigerants solutions in Europe
DuPont™ ISCEON® MO79 is a cost-effective, non-ozone-depleting HFC refrigerant for replacing R-22, R-502, and HCFC-containing refrigerant blends in medium- and low-temperature commercial and industrial direct expansion refrigeration systems.
Refer to Copeland's Changeover Guidelines, which now include R-22 to ISCEON® MO29™ (R-422D) and ISCEON® MO79 (R-422A).
» ISCEON® MO79 Case Histories
R-422A; A1 safety classification
R-22, R-502, and HCFC-containing blends (e.g., HP80, HP81, R-408A)
- Medium- and low-temperature commercial and industrial direct expansion refrigeration, including:
- food service
- supermarket display cases
- food storage and processing
- ice machines
- Provides efficient, cost-effective retrofits--easier retrofit than R-404A and R-507
- Non-ozone-depleting HFC
- In most cases no change of lubricant type during retrofit is required--compatible with traditional and new lubricants
- Enables continued use of existing equipment
- 20% lower Global Warming Potential (GWP) vs. R-404A and R-507
- Can be topped off during service without removing the entire refrigerant charge
- Provides improved cooling capacity over R-22 at many operating conditions with up to +15% at low temperature conditions
- Provides comparable cooling capacity to R-404A
- Field testing shows can provide improved energy efficiency vs. R-22
- Significantly lower discharge temperature vs. R-22; likely to prolong the life of the compressor
ISCEON® MO79 is compatible with traditional and new lubricants -- mineral oil (MO), alkylbenzene (AB), and polyol ester (POE) -- in most cases no change of lubricant type during retrofit is required. Refer to the ISCEON® MO79™ Retrofit Guidelines and Copeland's changeover guidelines, which now include ISCEON® MO29™ and ISCEON® MO79, for additional information.