The EPA is expected to release the next HCFC Allocation Rule sometime in the 2H2014 that will implement the next phasedown step under the Montreal Protocol for the 2015-2019 time period. Once published in the Federal Registry the proposed HCFC Allocation Rule will be open for public review and a 60-day comment period. Refer to the official publication at Regulations.gov in Docket No. EPA-HQ-OAR-2013-0263.
The EPA is considering three options for determining the HCFC-22 consumption allocation.
- Option 1: Linear drawdown, which is EPA's preferred approach. Proposal to decrease the allocation by the same amount each year beginning 2015 through 2019: approximately 41,100 MT over the five-year period.
- Option 2: EPA proposal is a 3-year version of the linear drawdown
- Consumption is phased out in 2018 instead of 2020.
- Option 3: Estimation approach, EPA proposes to estimate servicing needs using the 2013 Servicing Tail Report (Vintaging Model) and adjust based on recovery, reuse, and inventory.
- Implement a Refrigerant Management Plan (RMP).
- Manage your installed R-22. DuPont has options for optimizing your recovered R-22: (1) re-use; (2) return for reclaim; and (3) return for BuyBack. When you no longer need R-22 to service the same owner’s equipment, contact the DuPont Reclaim Manager to discuss options to optimize your asset.
- Stay up to date on regulatory activities including California ARBs Refrigerant Management Program, that instituted new rules on March 1, 2014.
- Retrofit from R-22 to reduce cost for new equipment when your equipment has additional life to it. The DuPont leading no-oil-change R-22 alternative is ISCEON® MO99™ :
- Behaves the same as R-22
- Proven performance globally
- Easy switch from R-22
- Use the recovered R-22 for re-use, reclaim, get value to lower your overall retrofit cost
DuPont guarantees that all recovered refrigerant is handled in an environmentally responsible manner according to the EPA Reclaimer Certification Program under Section 608 of the Clean Air Act.
The new Security Shrink Sleeve, together with the DuPont™ Izon® security label, are efforts we are taking to combat counterfeit and illegal import activity.
» Brand Assurance Anti-Counterfeiting Initiative