DuPont offers a variety of formulations of liquid polyimides and PBO that are used to form thin dielectric films by spin coating. Their excellent mechanical, electrical and thermal properties and stability have made them a preferred choice for back end and packaging applications. Typical examples include the use as a “stress buffer” coating to protect the bare chip from damage during encapsulation, and their use in the manufacture of redistribution layers.
Products are formulated for specific applications:
- For dry etching: PI-2525, PI-2555, PI-2556
- For wet etching PI-2545, PI-5878G
- For photoimaging:
- HD-4000 polyimide series, negative working, solvent develop, high Tg,
- HD-8800, 8900 PBO series, positive working, aqueous develop
- XP-8930 PBO series, positive working, aqueous develop, ultra low cure temperature.