Semiconductor manufacturing involves aggressive chemicals and gases. DuPont offers a broad range of products and materials that enable customers to meet the requirements for high purity, safe manufacturing processes and equipment performance.
Our materials include:
Gaskets, Seals, O-rings, Elastomers and Resins A variety of field proven sealing products that offer reduced contamination and longer life in aggressive wafer manufacturing environments. Wafer yield is critical in semiconductor fabrication and any contamination of the process environment is detrimental.
- Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer parts from DuPont Performance Elastomers Chemical resistance that is nearly universal, coupled with superior high-temperature properties, enables Kalrez® parts to withstand virtually any process media, including plasma with various gases at temperatures up to 327°C (620°F). Available as standard products, or as specialty types that have been designed and formulated to optimize properties and performance in specific applications.
- Viton® fluoroelastomer parts from DuPont Performance Elastomers The most specified fluoroelastomer, well known for its excellent (400°F/200°C) heat resistance. Viton® offers excellent resistance to aggressive fuels and chemicals and has worldwide ISO 9000 registration. DuPont™ Vespel® Parts and Shapes come with a documented record of reliability and durability in wafer handling, wafer processing, IC handling and testing, and other semiconductor manufacturing operations.
Pipe, Tubing, Hose, Flanges, Connectors, Couplings and Fittings A broad range of DuPont materials for fluid handling components, vessel and container linings, tools, equipment and systems that come in contact with the aggressively reactive, high-purity fluids and gases used in semiconductor fabrication. Purity and safety are key performance attributes.
- DuPont™ Teflon® coatings Combining heat resistance with almost total chemical inertness, excellent dielectric stability, and a low coefficient of friction, Teflon® industrial coatings offer a balance of properties unbeatable by any other material.
- DuPont™ Teflon® resins The mechanical toughness, electrical, and low-friction properties of Teflon® make it the preferred plastic for a host of applications. Products made with Teflon® resins have exceptional resistance to high temperatures, chemical reaction, corrosion, and stress-cracking.
- DuPont™ Tefzel® films can be thermoformed, laminated, heat-sealed, die-stamped, and oriented for use in a wide variety of applications including composite part mold release, anti-corrosive linings, non-stick roll covers, rupture disks, high frequency microwave circuitry and more.
Raw Materials and Custom Components DuPont has a vast array of raw materials for custom parts for equipment makers, fabs and moulders.
- DuPont™ Vespel® parts and shapes come with a documented record of reliability and durability in wafer handling, wafer processing, IC handling and testing, and other semiconductor manufacturing operations.