DuPont has developed several unique materials critical to semiconductor manufacturing processes that can help improve the overall safety, efficiency, and cost of ownership of fabrication operations.
Our support material offerings include:
Controlled Environment Products/Personal Protection DuPont offers a wide range of proven, science-based solutions for protecting products and people in a cleanroom environment.
- Cleanroom Protective Apparel Cleanroom garments from DuPont Personal Protection are lightweight, strong and durable and can be readily sterilized to eliminate cross-contamination.
- DuPont™ Sontara® micro-level cleaning fabrics DuPont™ Sontara® fabrics are specifically designed to help meet the challenges of keeping cleanrooms free from particulates and contamination on working surfaces.
Cleaning Solutions & Solvents
- DuPont™ Vertrel® specialty fluids
DuPont™ Vertrel® specialty fluids are ideal for use in vapor degreasing equipment for cleaning, rinsing, drying, and carrier-fluid applications.
Device & Wafer Handling Automated wafer handling systems require contact surfaces that are dimensionally stable, resilient, long wearing, and free of particulates.
- DuPont™ Vespel® parts and shapes DuPont™ Vespel® polyimide parts have proven reliability and durability in wafer handling, wafer processing, IC handling and testing, and other semiconductor manufacturing operations. As an alternative to ceramics, quartz and unproven types of plastics, Vespel® parts reduce ownership costs with longer life in the chamber and extended maintenance intervals.
- DuPont™ Tyvek® Wafer Interleaf DuPont™ Tyvek® has developed a special Tyvek® interleaf product for Horizontal Wafer Shippers. It is anti-static, non-scratching, non-contaminating, and vacuum-pickable, resulting in superior shipping yields and reduced COO (Cost Of Ownership) via automation.
Lubricants for Electronic/Semiconductor Industry
DuPont™ Krytox® has a strong history of delivering performance to the semiconductor industry.
Krytox® vacuum pump fluids Distilled to provide low vapor pressures and available with anticorrosion additives that give extra protection for metal parts and bearing surfaces. Krytox® nonflammable vacuum pump fluids eliminate the chance of fire in pumps and can be used in applications where conventional vacuum pump oils cause safety problems.
- DuPont™ Krytox® electronic grade greases
For excellent lubrication in all aspects of vacuum pump operation for production line equipment: bearings, valves, seals, o-rings, and other sensitive components, Krytox® is the product of choice where nonflammability and oxygen compatibility are required. Krytox® lubricants provide superior performance, and can extend the life of vacuum pump components.
Laboratory apparatus & supplies Semiconductor manufacturing requires aggressive chemicals. DuPont offers a variety of products for labware applications.
- DuPont™ Teflon® Resins Components of Teflon® PFA HP and Teflon® PFA HP Plus are fabricated with efficient, versatile thermoplastic melt extrusion, and injection, transfer, and rotational molding. The components are used in the semiconductor industry for transport and handling of aggressive, ultrapure fluids. Applications include piping, fittings, valves, wafer carriers, linings for storage tanks and vessels, sinks for wet benches, fluid containers, and labware.