DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional Heavy Duty Grout Sealer for Ceramic Tile
Features and Benefits
- Heavy duty protection against most stains
- Protects grout and makes cleaning easier
- Natural look
- Water-based, low-solids coating
- Interior and exterior
Where to Use
Grout for natural stone, ceramic, and porcelain tile.
Note: Directions may vary depending on size. Always test in a small inconspicuous area with a 24-hour cure time to determine ease of application and desired results. Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to application. Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings. Ensure that the surface temperature of the stone is between 50-80°F before sealing.
- Mask off and protect any baseboards or adjacent areas to avoid splashing and overspray onto surfaces not intended to be treated.
- Liberally apply using a paint pad, low-pressure chemical-resistant sprayer, narrow roller or natural hairbrush, focusing on the grout joints.
- Allow sealer to completely penetrate into the grout, 5-15 minutes.
- Liberally apply a second coat following steps 2 and 3.
- Wipe up all sealer from the surface of the tile. Use a clean, dry, lint-free, cotton towel or mop to remove excess sealer.
- If sealer was not completely wiped off and a residue appears, wipe entire surface with a towel dampened with sealer. Use a white nylon pad to loosen residue and follow with a clean, white absorbent towel to remove.
- A full cure is achieved after 24-48 hours; foot traffic may begin in 4 hours. Cover with red rosin paper, if foot traffic must resume before the recommended time periods have passed.
- Clean equipment with water.
Available Sizes and Coverage
- Pint: 75-125 sq ft
- 24 oz Sprayer: 100-200 sq ft
- Quart: 150-250 sq ft
- Gallon: 600-1,000 sq ft
- 5 Gallon: 3,000-5,000 sq ft
- 55 Gallon: 33,000-55,000 sq ft
- Expected Wear: 3-5 years on interior surfaces and 1-3 years on exterior surfaces.
Product Information Downloads
Product Performance Guarantee