DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional Heavy Duty Stone Sealer
Features and Benefits
• Advanced penetrating microbond protection
• Heavy duty protection against most stains
• Makes cleaning stone easier
• Preserves natural look
• Water-based, low-solids coating
• Interior and exterior
Where to Use
Natural stone such as marble, granite, limestone, slate, saltillo, bluestone, flagstone, travertine and sandstone.
Read entire label before using. Use only as directed. Always test in a small inconspicuous area with a 24-hour cure time to determine ease of application and desired results. Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to application. Make sure surface is clean and free of waxes and coatings. Sealer may be applied to damp surfaces 1 hour after standing water is removed. Surface temperature should be between 50°F and 80°F. Ensure that the area is well-ventilated during application and until the surface is dry. Keep children and pets out of the area until foot traffic resumes.
1. Mask any surfaces not intended to be treated.
2. Apply sealer evenly and liberally using a paint pad, roller or brush. DO NOT APPLY PRODUCT WITH A SPRAYER. Avoid applying sealer on unintended surfaces.
3. Allow sealer to penetrate surface for 15–30 minutes while spreading excess sealer over entire area for even penetration. Remove excess sealer by wiping surface thoroughly with clean,
4. Apply second coat as needed for porous, absorbent surfaces 30–40 minutes after first coat, following directions in steps 2 and 3.
5. 15–30 minutes after final application, wipe entire surface with clean, dry towels to remove any excess sealer. To remove any residue, reapply a thin coat of sealer, wait 2–3 minutes, then rub lightly with a white nylon pad. Wipe again thoroughly with clean, dry towels.
6. A full cure is achieved after 24–72 hours. Foot traffic may begin in 6–8 hours. If needed sooner, cover floor with red rosin paper to protect it until full cure is achieved.
7. Clean tools used during application with water.
Available Sizes (and Coverage)
Pint 5-50 sq ft
Quart: 15-100 sq ft
Gallon: 50-400 sq ft
5 Gallon: 250-2,000 sq ft
55 Gallon: 2,750-22,000 sq ft
Expected Wear: 3-5 years on interior surfaces and 1-3 years on exterior surfaces.
Under SCAQMD Rule 1113, VOC = <400 g/L (excluding water) for EPA purposes.
13 g/L (including water) for U.S. state purposes (Low Solids Coating).
Product Performance Guarantee
For our Product Performance Guarantee click here.