DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional Honing Powders
Features and Benefits
- Creates honed finishes
- Sets up stone for polishing and shining
- Different grits eliminate mild to deep scratches
Where to Use
Natural stone such as marble, limestone, travertine and terrazzo.
Read entire label before using. Use only as directed. Always test in a small inconspicuous area to determine ease of application and desired results. Allow new grout installations to cure for a minimum of 72 hours prior to application. Make sure surface is clean, dry and free of waxes and coatings.
- If surface is heavily soiled, pre-clean with DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional KlenzAll™ Cleaner if needed.
- Mask any surfaces not intended to be treated.
- If you are using a variety of abrasive grits, ensure that the surface is well rinsed and a new pad is used for each changeover.
- Apply approximately 1/2 cup Honing Powder plus 1 cup clean water to stone surface.
- Refinish using a hand orbital sander or weighted floor machine at 130–140 lbs, 175 rpm, fitted with a natural hair pad.
- Keep compound wet while refinishing with plenty of water. Add Honing Powder as needed.
- Refinish area until the desired level of hone has been achieved.
- Rinse well and use a wet vacuum or hot water extraction unit to remove all remaining compound.
- Clean equipment with water.
Use successively higher grits of Honing Powder to close the face of the stone and follow with DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional Polishing Powder and DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional Shining Powder as applicable.
Available Sizes and Coverage
- Honing Powders: Available in 1.9 lb and 25 lb Containers
- Coverage (180 Grit, 280 Grit, 400 Grit): 1,000-2,000 sq ft per pound
- Coverage (600 Grit, 800 Grit): 750-1,500 sq ft per pound
Product Information Downloads
- Honing Powders Technical Data Sheet
- Safety Data Sheet - 180 Grit
- Safety Data Sheet - 280 Grit
- Safety Data Sheet - 400 Grit
- Safety Data Sheet - 600 Grit
- Safety Data Sheet - 800 Grit
Product Performance Guarantee