DuPont™ Corian® Buying and Installation Guide
Whether you are replacing an existing countertop, renovating a kitchen or bathroom, or building a new house, here are a few simple steps to follow that can make your project more successful.
Initial design and measurement
In order to provide you with a price estimate for your countertop, The Home Depot will need to know the following:
- The measurements of your countertop
- Any edge treatments or inlays you may want;
- The colors of interest to you;
- Any additional items you may want to include such as an integrated sink or backsplash.
The next step in the purchase process is the "templating visit". A DuPont certified technician will visit your home in order to finalize measurements and discuss the position of sinks, cabinets, and any seams. Keep in mind that stoves, sinks, and cabinets must be in place before this visit.
Installing your surface can usually be done in a day or so—and you can help speed the process by making your home ready for the new arrival.
- The day before installation, a DuPont Certified Professional will call you to confirm time of arrival.
- For areas directly affected by the installation, cover the entryways and vents to contain dust and debris.
- Create a clear path through your home for easy access to the installation area and for removal of debris.
- Cover furniture and floors along this path, and in areas adjacent to the installation.
- Don't forget to remove all items from the cabinets.
- Move all breakables, such as lamps, vases, mirrors, wall hangings, antiques or other valuables, from areas affected by installation work.
Our professionals will install the countertop. If countertop seams are required, the installer will help you decide where to place them for the best appearance. (Stone countertops have visible seams. Acrylic countertops have inconspicuous seams.) Once the countertops are installed, our professionals will do the following:
- Clean the immediate area and leave the job site in "broom-clean" condition
- Provide you with a card that explains care and maintenance of your new countertop.
- Forward warranty registration to DuPont Surfaces
We won't be satisfied until you are. You will have the opportunity to confirm the quality, fit and damage-free condition of your new countertop in writing.