What could you do with a product that has all of the outstanding properties of Teflon® fluoroplastics, is optically clear, has the lowest known dielectric constant of plastics, is resistant to creep under stress loads, and has limited solubility in select solvents?
Teflon® AF is a family of amorphous fluoroplastics with extraordinary performance characteristics when compared with other products currently available — properties that can be tailored for many high-performance requirements and demanding applications.
The Teflon® AF family of amorphous fluoroplastics is similar to Teflon® PTFE and PFA in many unusual properties, but is unique in the following ways:
- A true amorphous fluoroplastic.
- Somewhat higher coefficient of friction than Teflon® PTFE and PFA, but lower than Tefzel® ETFE.
- Excellent mechanical and physical properties at end-use temperature up to 300°C (572°F).
- Excellent light transmission from ultraviolet (UV) through a good portion of infrared (IR).
- Very low refractive index.
- Lowest dielectric constant of any plastic even at gigahertz frequencies.
- Limited solubility in selected perfluorinated solvents.
- The ability to tailor the glass transition temperatures (Tg) for desired end-use characteristics, thus achieving the best balance of other properties.
For more detail, see the unique properties of Teflon® AF.