The restraining of soil or other particles subjected to hydrodynamic forces while allowing the passage of fluids into or across a geosynthetic.
DuPont™ Typar® SF allows to build up a natural soil filter that provides long-term filtration conditions (reducing blocking / blinding ). It also:
- Prevents clogging of drainage system
- Guarantees permeability, thanks to its precompressed structure and its very high number of pores of different shape, size
- Is predicted to be durable for a minimum of 100 years in all natural soils
- Is high damage resistant thanks to its high energy absorption potential
- Lowers material cost since cheaper, coarser filtration aggregates can be used
- Allows faster and cheaper installation