AIA/CES Learning Units
The following AIA/CES Learning units are designed to help you further your education and stay up-to-date on best building practices and specifications. These units cover a wide range of weatherization-related topics, ranging from Better Design of Buildings to Moisture Management Systems Reviews, to Commonly Made Energy Mistakes. Scroll down to find the topics of interest to you.
- Air Barrier1 Choices of Air Barriers for Commercial Building Enclosures (.pdf)
- Air Barrier2 Air Leakage Control in Commercial Building Enclosures (.pdf)
- GREEN1 Sustainable Building Enclosure Design (.pdf)
- Moisture 1: Moisture Management in Commercial Building Enclosures-1 (.pdf)
- Moisture 2: Moisture Management in Commercial Building Enclosures-2 (.pdf)
- HAM 101: Heat, Air & Moisture Management in Commercial Building Enclosures (.pdf)
- Durability1: Durable Building Enclosure Design (.pdf)
Navigating Wall Assembly Fire Testing
This primer addresses burning questions about NFPA 285. After reading this article, you should be able to:
- Recognize the impact of NFPA 285 test requirements in the context of the International Building Code.
- Apply the NFPA 285 components and parameters for successful test performance.
- Identify combustible components in a noncombustible wall assembly that requires NFPA 285 testing.
- Design building envelope systems that are NFPA 285 compliant.