On January 1, 2015, production and importation of HCFC-225 will be banned because it is a hydrochlorofluorocarbon and has been linked to the depletion of the earth's ozone layer.
DuPont™ Vertrel® specialty fluids are a safe, effective alternative to HCFC-225, with the following benefits:
- superior toxicity profile
- zero ozone-depletion potential
- fast drying; non-flammable; chemical and thermally stable; safe to use
- powerful solvency strength; designed to clean a wide range of soils
- compatible with a broad range of materials, metals, plastics, and elastomers
- existing equipment can be used with minor or no modifications
- no acid acceptance testing needed
Vertrel® specialty fluids have the broadest range of cleaning power of any solvent family. Vertrel® can match nPB and HCFC-225 cleaning power in most cleaning situations.