A proposed U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ban on the use of n-Propyl Bromide (nPB) for use in aerosol and adhesive applications will prompt many nPB users to search for a safer alternative.
DuPont™ Vertrel® specialty fluids are a safe, effective alternative to nPB with the following benefits:
- superior toxicity profile
- zero ozone-depletion potential
- fast drying; nonflammable; chemically and thermally stable; safe to use
- powerful solvency strength; designed to clean a wide range of soils; excellent solubility for adhesives and fluoro/silicone-based lubricants
- compatible with a broad range of materials, metals, plastics, and elastomers
- existing equipment can be used with minor or no modifications
- no acid acceptance testing needed
Vertrel® specialty fluids have the broadest range of cleaning power of any solvent family. Vertrel® can match nPB cleaning power in most cleaning situations.