- Combating Run-Dry Failure in Industrial Washing Pumps
DuPont™ Vespel® CR-6100 line-shaft bearing parts prove they can survive and maintain operation of a vertical pump during frequent run-dry events.
- Pump’s HF-Resistant Backup Bearings Help Combat Process Leaks
DuPont™ Vespel® CR-6100 parts withstand anhydrous hydrogen fluoride (HF) and resist wear in five years of service as backup shaft bearings in a centrifugal pump.
- When Hot Well Pumps Run Dry, Vespel® CR-6100 Keeps Them Running
Switching to DuPont™ Vespel® CR-6100 parts for line shaft bearings and stationary wear rings helped eliminate seizure failures in condensate return pumps at a California oil refinery.
- Mini Cars Stay On the Go With Vespel® for Transmission Seals.
The stepless automatic drive in the sporty Mini car can operate maintenance-free, thanks in part to the exceptional abrasion resistance and other high-performance capabilities of sealing rings made of DuPont™ Vespel® SP polyimide.
- Vespel® TP-8005 extends the life of chamber liners.
Vespel® TP-8005 is a line of transparent polyimide parts designed specifically for semiconductor and high purity applications.
- Vespel® CR grade materials deliver chemical- and creep-resistant parts
Vespel® CR grade pump case wear rings, throat bushings and impellers improve refinery oil and gas pump efficiency.
- Vespel® and Minlon® idler gear for digitally-intelligent copier
Composite idler gear for a digitally-intelligent copier
- Office copier precision required components
Precision-fabricated Vespel® polyimide parts serve as separator claws that peel up to 84 sheets of paper per minute from hot fixing rollers in high-speed office copier.
- Shedder bushing
Shedder bushing applied in a rapier loom of a textile weaving machine.
- Ball head joint in the pattern drive of a warp knitting machine.
Ball head joint in the pattern drive of a warp knitting machine.
- Spacers, Thrustwashers, and Bushings
» Spacer for fuel pump
» Thrustwasher for mono-jetronic idle control unit
» Bushings and thrustwashers for different throttle adjusting motors
- Thrust plugs for rear windshield wiper motor
Thrust plugs for rear wind-shield wiper motor to take the axial load from the worm gear.
- Ignition distributor coupling and rubbing block for mechanical ignition distributor to actuate breaker points
Ignition distributor coupling (right) and rubbing block (centre) for mechanical ignition distributor (left) to actuate breaker points.
- Electrical motor components for maintenance-free fans and pumps
Range of 2 to 16 W motors for maintenance-free fan and pump duty in refrigeration and other equipment make innovative use of high-performance engineering polymers:
» End bracket/housing parts are injection molded from a new Rynite® PET thermoplastic polyester resin with enhanced thermal conductivity.
» Stator insulation consists of two snap-fitting parts injection molded from Zytel® nylon resin.
» Vespel® polyimide parts serve as dry journal bearings.
- Cup-type ball seals for high-pressure valves
Serving as cup-type ball seals, Vespel® polyimide parts extend the temperature and pressure capabilities of a range of high-pressure ball valves primarily used in hydraulic equipment. The valves come in seven sizes ranging from 1/4 to 2 in. (6 to 50 mm).
- Ford tractors use Vespel® parts in gearbox
Thirty-seven Vespel® polyimide parts serve as wear pads, thrust washers and seal rings in a new top-of-the-line 16x16 gearbox for Ford New Holland mid-size tractors.
- Rings, stepped bushings, and orifice plates for forklifts and other equipment
In carburetors for propane- and natural-gas-fueled engines for forklifts and other equipment, Vespel® polyimide parts have improved wear resistance and vehicle emissions in replacing phenolics for rings, stepped bushings and orifice plates. In 100,000 mile durability tests, the phenolic parts wore rapidly against aluminum, causing overly rich fuel mixtures and excessive exhaust emissions.
- Vespel® rotor shaft fills no-lubricant need in linear actuator
Engineered for precision positioning tasks where lubricants cannot be tolerated, a linear actuator uses a Vespel® polyimide part for its rotor shaft. Applications include food processing, electronics, etc.
The shaft is bonded with epoxy adhesive within the rotor of a bi-directional d.c. stepping motor. It is hollow and has internal threads to mate with a threaded steel rod of 1/4 in. (6 mm) diameter. As the rotor turns in 1.8° steps, the rod moves linearly in increments of 0.0003 in. (8 microns).
- Ball valves used to regulate the flow of heat transfer fluids
In ISO type 5211 ball valves used to regulate the flow of heat transfer fluids, precision-machined seats and stem seals of Vespel® polyimide help achieve bubble-tight closure in high-temperature processes. The valves come in 12 sizes from 1/4 in. to 6 in. (6 to 152 mm).
- New Windowlift Motor Saves Weight, Works More Efficiently
Windowlift motors installed in 1996 Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable cars are a new design made with seven DuPont polymers. The motor gear housing, injection molded from Zytel® HTN high performance polyamide resin, marks a major shift away from traditional die-cast aluminum housings.
- Small but essential rollers serve in Bosch’s compact belt sander
Rollers for a professional compact belt sander.
- Vespel® seals improve transmission reliability
Seal ring for CVT (continuously variable transmission).
- Excellent heat and wear resistance of Vespel® parts result in reliability and lower weight
Thrust plugs made out of Vespel® polyimide are used in ITT’s powerful, reliable and economic automotive rear windscreen wiper motor (SW3P). Gears made from Delrin® acetal resin also feature in this application.
- TV Glass Maker Boosts Productivity With Vespel®
Vespel® polyimide pads, rollers and other parts hold and guide precision glass components for TV cathode ray tubes as they emerge from the glass-making furnace and move through various finishing steps at Techneglas Inc. Surface temperatures of the glass parts can exceed 1000°F (538°C). In the past, Techneglas had poor results with parts made of a variety of other materials.
- Heat-Resistant Thrust Washers Help Keep 4WD Trucks Rolling
New Venture Gear Inc. selected Vespel® polyimide for 14 thrust washers in its robust new four-wheel-drive transfer case for light trucks after comparative testing of polyetheretherketone and Vespel® parts. The case is rated for trucks with gross vehicle weights from 8,800 to 17,500 lbs (3,992 to 7,938 kg).
The large washers shown are positioned on either side of the input gear for a planetary providing the case’s low gear range. These washers have an outside diameter of about 3.15 in. (80 mm). The small washer shown is one of 12 used on each side of six pinion gears that mate with the planetary’s input gear. Its outside diameter is about 1 in. (25 mm).
- New Flowmeter Relies on Rugged, Stable Bobbins
In a new mass flowmeter, three Vespel® polyimide coil bobbins play a key role in accurate measurement of the flow of process fluids. The bobbins are used for a driver coil and two sensor coils. The instrument, a Model m300 3-in. (76-mm) mass flowmeter from Schlumberger, is engineered for many applications in oil, petrochemical, food processing, pharmaceutical and other demanding industries.
- Low wear and high reliability for automotive pedal sensors
Over-moulded bushings for gas pedal sensor used in almost all Mercedes passenger cars.
- Increased reliability with Vespel®
Closing flap guide bushing for Exhaust Gas Return system (EGR).
- Vespel® significantly helps increase performance and life span of transmissions
Seal rings and thrust washer used in B13 and B41 transmissions for Renault Agriculture Ceres and Ergos tractors.
- Much better sealing and assembly with seal rings of Vespel®
Sealrings (7) for automatic DP0 and AL4 transmissions located at the accumulator, the oil pump shaft and the hydraulic lock-up system areas.