Determine Your Needs
Find useful information for installing sheet vinyl flooring.
While installing sheet vinyl flooring is both easy and affordable, you should consider researching best installation practices and consulting a Home Depot flooring professional for all of your measuring and installation needs.
A flooring professional can help you:
- Figure out room dimensions and measurements that will determine how much DuPont™ Vinyl Flooring product you will need for your project.
- Cut to fit and install your DuPont™ Vinyl Flooring.
- Cut to fit for your unique room needs. For example, smaller rooms (kitchens, bathrooms and hallways) will most likely have obstacles you will need to cut around for a seamless installation
- Match patterns. Installing sheet vinyl flooring can be tricky if your room is larger than the width of the vinyl. In this case, you will need to make a seam. Matching your vinyl flooring patterns will help you to make your seams virtually invisible.
- Understand temperature requirements. When thinking about where to install your new DuPont™ Vinyl Flooring, make sure to consider the temperature. The product should not be installed in areas with freezing temperatures. For more on this topic, see the DuPont™ Vinyl Flooring installation pages.
For more information and help installing your DuPont™ Vinyl Flooring, go to your local Home Depot store and speak with a flooring professional.
Click here for more information about DuPont™ Statements, the new line of sheet vinyl flooring with the fiberglass core for comfort.